Whether you’re just looking for fun data visualizations, want to find blogs about data theory written from an academic perspective, or are interested in finding new statistical tools, we’ve compiled some of our favorite content spots and blogs specifically targeted at data scientists.
We work with employers all over Texas who are seeking out the best of the best when it comes to data science and analysis. These blogs have given many of our candidates the information and advantage required to land top positions and lucrative careers.
Best Blogs & Reading for Data Scientists
- The Open Source Data Science Masters Program
- Harvard’s Data Science CS109 Course
- Edwin Chen’s Blog: Pilot. Ex: math and linguistics at MIT, speech recognition at MSR, quant trading at Clarium, stats at Amazon, ads at Twitter, analytics at Dropbox, data science at Google.
- Machine Learning (Theory)
- Simply Statistics: A statistics blog by Rafa Irizarry, Roger Peng, and Jeff Leek
- FastML: Machine Learning Made Easy
- Andrew Gelman’s Blog: Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science
- Walking Randomly: Mike Croucher, a Research Software Engineer at The University of Sheffield and one of the first EPSRC Research Software Engineering Fellows.
- Normal Deviate: Thoughts on Statistics and Machine Learning
- Revolution Analytics: Daily news about using open source R for big data analysis, predictive modeling, data science, and visualization
- R-bloggers: Find new R blogs you didn’t know about. And Search in them for content you want.