Running a startup or business of any size can start to feel overwhelming as you grow and expand beyond your own personal reach. Unfortunately, one skill which is often learned the hard way is delegating and too many tech executives and CEOs suffer for months if not years before they learn to properly hone their delegation skills.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your day-to-day, it may be time to bring on an executive assistant. However, if you’re frightened by the potential payroll expense, a new alternative is available in the form of virtual executive assistants.
The Best Way to Discover if a Virtual Executive Assistant Makes Sense for You
Virtual executive assistants can easily take over some of the administrative workloads in your business, allowing you to focus on people management and growing sales.
To identify areas where a virtual executive assistant could be useful, use a sheet of paper and a timer on your phone to document the tasks you find yourself executing on a daily basis.
- Set a recurring timer on your phone for every 15 minutes
- When the timer goes off, jot down on a sheet of paper the tasks that you’ve completed in the last 15 minutes
- Do this for 2-3 days
- After 3 days, go through the list and highlight any task that could be easily delegated to a virtual executive assistant
The Best Tasks for Virtual Executive Assistants
Some of the key tasks you might consider delegating to a virtual executive assistant are:
- Scheduling appointments (and finding times which work for your clients and you)
- Calendar management
- Scheduling and arranging travel
- Answering phones, taking messages, and prioritizing incoming requests
- Formatting emails and social media posts
- Setting up marketing automation tools, so you can focus on content creation
- Customer Service
- Proofreading and copy editing
- Event coordination and administrative management
- Dictation and report formatting
- PowerPoint presentation design
- WordPress or Website management
- Blog maintenance or article writing
- And much more!
How to Find a Great Virtual Executive Assistant
Every business owner is going to have their own needs when it comes to hiring a virtual executive assistant. Assessing these needs comes down to proper documentation of your day and having someone ask you the right questions to outline where improvements in your efficiency are at.
If you’re interested in taking your business to the next level, while freeing up the time and space to focus on what’s truly important in your day-to-day, we’d love to chat with you about the benefits of hiring a virtual executive assistant. Just fill out a few questions and we’ll be in touch soon.